After one year of research, development and testing we are almost ready to launch our new line of products. Next week, Tuesday, June 27th we’ll finally start a new Kickstarter campaign to launch the Open One Series. A full range of products, for men and women, built around the successful Open One.
Today we share a preview of the new and improved shell jacket.
Last year, we served men first. This year, the ladies are our first choice. For all the girls out there, wanting to shred powder sustainably, we’ve listened to your demand. We’ve put the same features into a more female-friendly version of our jacket.
Don’t worry guys, we’ve also got your back. We’ve completely rebuilt the Open One up from scratch. We’ve incorporated your feedback. Made the jacket lighter. Improved the DWR. Made a better zipper construction. But we kept it feature-packed, with the same design and sustainable materials.
Make sure to sign up below or to follow our social medias to not miss the Super Early Bird deal on this jacket, as the price mentioned above will only be valid the first 24h of the campaign next Tuesday.
- Redesigned construction to reduce weight
- Ergonomic long fit optimised for on mountain body movements
- Improved zipper construction
- Improved durable water repellency
- Better accessible hand pockets for men and side hand pockets for women
- Improved hood construction and fit
- One-hand adjustment Cohaesive at the back of the hood
- Smaller seams to reduce bulk and weight
- Replaced phone pocket and tracker pocket with inner pocket
- Enforced cuff tabs to more easily adjust sleeves
- Sympatex shell fabric 100% made of recycled PET bottles
- YKK Aquaguard zippers
- Huge pockets for touring
- Long ventilation zippers
- Detachable lycra cuffs with GPS watch access
- Removable powder skirt with belt connection
- RECCO reflector in the hood
- Arm pocket for transmitter or ski ticket, with emergency whistle
24h Launch Deal: CHF 325 / €299 / USD 335
Early Bird (100pcs): CHF 339 / €314 / USD 349
Kickstarter Deal: CHF 359 / €329 / USD 369
Webshop Price: CHF 439 / €399 / USD 449
*Traditional retail price range: CHF 650 - 850
Please note that the CHF price is leading during the Kickstarter campaign. As the Kickstarter is now initiated by our Swiss company (and not to us privately) we need to stick to CHF as the main currency for the campaign. Prices in EUR and USD are estimates based on today's mid-market rate.
For those interested in why our best deal is now in €299 compared to €249 last year, three reasons:
- We've improved the construction, but this makes the process more complex to manufacture, means more working hours equals higher price
- As you can see here, last year the €249 was not enough to fully cover our actual costs
- Last but not least, since we pay in USD we are dependent on this currency. At the moment it's slightly worse than last year, plus due to the unpredictability of the current administration it seems more volatile, means we need to take a small safety margin here to guarantee that we can actually pay for the production in the end.